Monday, October 29, 2012

Mmmm-Pumpkin

Did you know that Saturday (Oct 27th) was National Pumpkin Day?! Yes, an actual holiday dedicated to pumpkin. I didn't realize this until late Saturday evening, so I decided to celebrate on Sunday.

 Sunday morning, I made Paleo Pumpkin Bread...then turned that into french toast for Matt and I (#gfoftheyrcontender) with roasted acorn squash and bacon!
Has anyone ever tried Trader Joes Nitrate free ends and pieces bacon? Its thick cut and delicious...Omnomnom.
 Then I gutted and cut my ginormous pumpkin. Sadly, it was too thick to carve with cute designs, so I free-handed it!

Then I roasted the pumpkin seeds with some cinnamon! Mmmm. And that concludes the pumpkin-ful celebration.

Friday night Matt and I dressed up and actually went out for Halloween.
Any guess as to what we were? Cheap...yes, we were extremely cheap. I wear that outfit almost everyday, it's called going to CrossFit. BUT we taped "Froning" and Thorisdottir" on our backs and threw on some medals and suddenly became the "World's Fittest Couple"

Saturday morning (killer) Workout:
10 Rounds
10 pull-ups
10 front squats 135#/105#
10 burpees

My back wasn't doing to well, so I did back squats instead of front squats and only 95#. After we did this, we set up to lead the Saturday morning class, when Joy, the owner dropped in and told us "Oh that weight is way too heavy!"...oh really? Poor Matt made it through the whole thing at 135# though! 
We had a full house and it was a beautiful day! Everyone did really awesome! 

Do you workout on weekends? or use it for a rest? Let me know!


1 comment:

  1. Nice steel curtain shirt!!! I need to use weekends for long rides & runs, never a rest day!

    ReplyDelete