Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ladies Night!

As Co-Director for the Albany Chapter of the women's fitness club, Girlnetic, I set up an event through my CrossFit Box to allow club members to try out CrossFit for free for 4 classes. Last night was the first class and I can't believe how successful it was!

It's difficult coordinating and planning events that inspire and excite a large group, but I had 12 women show up last night and more planning to come next wee! It felt so good to see their excitment and have them thank me for giving them this opportunity. CrossFit can be intimidating, but overall it is one of the best ways to exercise for people of EVERY level. This event was women only and an "on ramp" style class to teach and ease them into CrossFit.
Learning proper squat form

Push presses!

When Joy asked "Who can do a pull-up?" no one raised their hand, but with band assistance, EVERYONE was able to do them! SO GREAT!!!

The WOD- 7 minute AMRAP
5 Pullups
10 push presses
15 air squats



I can't wait to see what else these ladies can accomplish in just a few classes! This is why I do what I do and LOVE it...If I can get just one person to fall in love with fitness or CrossFit, I will feel accomplished! 


No comments:

Post a Comment