Thursday, September 13, 2012

See ya laters

Last night was last trivia and wings with Megan/my last cheat meal before the challenge eating extravaganza at my favorite bar that is conveniently located only a few blocks from my apartment. First we had fried pickles, and spin art dip (spinach/artichoke)...then I had buffa-cue wings and sweet potato fries, all washed down with a Sourthern Tier Creme Brulee beer (which tasted like coffee and syrup, I wanted pumpkin beer!) It was fantastic. For the first time in a long time (3 months to be exact) I didn't think about what I was eating, I didn't think about how it would affect my body, I didn't care how many calories it was...I just ate it and enjoyed it and had an awesome time with 2 great friends. We came in 6th place out of 7 in trivia, but oh well, we tried!

First I was like...Mmmm


Then, I kept shoveling it in...

and this is how I felt after!!!!


This morning, not feeling so great. It could have something to do with the food and beer...maybe also because my neighbors were filming an episode of divorce court on the back deck that is literally 20 ft from my deck that is right outside of my bedroom. Either way, I'm tired, my head hurts, my body aches, and I want to whine about it some more!
                                             

Also, on top of Megan, my best Albany friend, moving to Alabama forever, my best friend from college is moving back to Serbia today. As a sophomore in college on the Women's Varsity volleyball team, I was asked (forced) to pick up this new recruit (Hristina) from the airport and have her stay at my house until school started. She quickly learned that I'm an awful driver, I tell the same stories 50 times, I like jumping on beds, and I snort when I laugh. I learned that she has lived a crazy life and gone through more than I could ever imagine....from living in a city that was under attack, to travelling and living in a foreign country on her own, to losing a parent. She quickly became my best friend (or maybe I forced myself into her life because I do that sometimes) either way, my family accepted her as another member, she's spent holidays and family dinners (sometimes with out me even being around) with us. I won't get into the politics or how ridiculous it is that it is impossible for her to stay in this country now....but it sucks. I'm sad. Whats worse, is I've lived 500 miles from her for the past year and can't even say good-bye. So I'm not saying good-bye. But today sucks none the less. 

Halloween 2007?


yeah, we hold hands...got a problem with that?



No comments:

Post a Comment