Friday, September 7, 2012

Overcome Obstacles

Last night I did the hardest workout of my life. It wasn't truly anything terrible...it was just exhausting. There were a few times when I thought to myself "Who are you kidding? There's now way you'll finish this"....and then I did. I was a bit too ambitious at the beginning and had about 10lbs more than I could handle 55 reps of, so when it took me about 6 minutes to get through round 1, my coach made me drop weights :( I, of course cried because that's what I do. (not in the tantrum way, just the "I suck and want this so bad" way)

"Linda"
10, 9, 8, 7, 6....
1 1/2 Body weight Deadlift
Body weight Bench Press
3/4 Body weight power clean

I scaled (like almost everyone else) and did 185 DL, 105 BP, and 115 Power Clean
I think it's funny that the RX weights have bench press as a higher weight than the power cleans....I can definitely clean more than I can bench!!! Anyway, it took my 33:51 and when I finished I sounded like I just ran a marathon and I laid down on a picnic table to accept inevitable death. Then magically my body felt ok again and I was back in the box to cheer on the next heat as they did Linda.

Today at work, my hands are taped up and covered in ointment as I attempt to heal the rips from last night! I look like a fighter, and with the bruises on my shins and chest, it could be true!

Did you see this? <3 the Steelers
http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/008582.html 












Last, are you a pumpkin spice latte addict? I am...or waas...err...will be again? Anyway, I found this! Ahh, happy days are here again!

Have a great day! Its rest day for this girl!!! Keep going! ..or, ya know, chill out and recover ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment