Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Raw Chicken


I like to think I'm pretty good at cooking, now (I've come a long way since my days of think garlic came from jars and shaker bottles...thanks Megara!). I successfully roasted a chicken for Thanksgiving last year, though much smaller, and was ultimately upsidedown (shutup...it tasted fine) it was cooked! Last night, in an effort to make yummy a paleo meal to span a few days, I decided to roast a bird. My roommates bf asked me how I was going to tell if it was fully cooked, to which I replied "I think the thingamajig need to pop out of the whatchamacallit". Obviously, I was mistaken and the button had only slightly poofed and not fully popped. MY BAD.


Today's WOD was "Christine"
It was another Benchmark WOD for the challenge, so I had to do Rx
3 rounds
500m row, 12 body weight deadifts, 21 box jumps
The sad part is, I'm not light...My boyfriend and I (and most of the upper level guys in my class) weight about the same. SO, these guys that max deadlifts over 300lbs are doing the same weight as me!
it just isn't :(
I finished the WOD in 15:01. I was happy enough with that time. I think the worst part was going from heavy deadlifts to box jumps. I can jump higher than 20", but when I approached the box I felt like I was jumping The Great Wall of China. I tripped into the box a few times before the lactic acid cleared a bit and I regained control of my muscles.

I <3 Katie Hogan. Look at that angry face! I picture this a lot when I need lifting inspiration!
I think Friday I will recap my meals for the week and talk about week one of the challenge! Going strong! Lots of awesome foods and no bad cravings yet! Though, I eat more fruit than I was, I'm slowly removing them from the diet!

Do you notice a difference in how you feel when you eat better?
Have you tried any special diets/lifestyles? How did they affect you?

No comments:

Post a Comment