Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Bash Recap!


First, let me say that I wish I took a picture of all of the food we had! Chicken, kielbasa, fruit, cookies, brownies, wine, and tequila...omg. All paleo, or paleo-ish. The whole evening was fantastic! My team (team purple!) came in second with 695 points out of a possible 700. I will completely take the blame for those 5 missing points...stupid big feet, not fitting into the row machine! But thanks to the supermen I had as teammates, we still rocked it!

I like these pictures...I kinda look like a bad-ass. It was very obvious that my team was serious about this competition. We all arrived early, stretched out, and wore matching shirts. (It's part mental!)

Speaking of "part-mental", this story here is so me. Favorite quote in the article -> also write my own mantra on my race wristband: "Never, ever give up -- and smile." It might not be the same for everyone, but smiling, for me, is crucial." Watch my face when I'm going for a max lift....I always start with a smile and happy thoughts. (Though, I usually end up with an angry face and a loud yell as I focus energy!)


Back to the competition, it was very intense, but ridiculously fun! Next month we're competing against another box! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment